Details of a forthcoming hearing will appear here five working days before it is due to take place.
Members of the profession and the public can attend Professional Conduct and Competence Committee hearings of the General Teaching Council for Wales and a small number of observer places are available for this purpose. If you wish to attend as an observer, you are asked to contact the Council on 029 2046 0099. In attending a hearing, observers are asked to bear in mind the following points:
If you are a member of the press and wish to attend a hearing listed here, you must contact the Council in the first instance on 029 2046 0099. Should you not do so in advance of the hearing date, the Council cannot guarantee your place as an observer.
Further information for hearing observers can be found here. This information is general, and in all circumstances, The General Teaching Council for Wales (Disciplinary Functions) Regulations 2001, as amended, and the Council’s Disciplinary Procedures and Rules July 2013 take precedence.
|Committee:||Professional Conduct Committee|
|Date:||Monday, 23rd February – Friday, 6th March 2015|
|Venue:||The Parc Hotel, Cardiff|
|Employer at the time of the allegations:||Heolgerrig Community School, Merthyr Tydfil|
|Nature of the matter before the Committee:||Unacceptable Professional Conduct
1. Bullying / harassment / victimisation of staff
2. Improper handling of Grant Funding
3. Providing false information in connection with Grant Funding
4. Failing to fulfil a duty of care in terms of supervision of the classroom
5. Breaching duty of confidentiality and professionalism
6. Falsifying staff minutes in order to defend a disciplinary allegation
7. Failing to adequately address health and safety issues at the school
8. Failing to carry out the proper recruitment process when employing a person with whom the registered teacher had a close relationship, in the school, and subsequently giving them unauthorised pay increments
9. Destroying payslips